BICEPS R NOT GROWING,,,PLS AMAN AND OTHERS HELP ME
Posted: 19 June 2010 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2010-06-17

Hello Anoop,

Hi this is sunny,iam from mumbai,iam an IT professional and also a stock investor and a stock analyst but thats mine side biz..

Iam 29 years of age,weigh 74kgs

Iam 8 mths old in the gym,never join gym during school and college days,min gf told me to join the gym thats the reason i join the gym and now iam really interested in building muscles,i do read lot and lot of books,blogs etc etc,i did grasp some knowledge on this field and i have also spread the information to mine friends,i found your website by googling,really a quality and authentic information you had posted,i really like the information…

Sir one problem mine biceps are not growing,i dont know the reason y

After 2 mths of joining the gym,mine bicep size increase by 1inch and in the next 6mths the growth has stoped,i dont know the reason,i take creatine(5gm) + dextrose(5teaspoon) + vitamin c 1000mg + antoxylforte cap immediately after the workout,creatine help in increase of nulcei cell but in that case its not working for me..

I dont take proteins kind of stuff…

Below are the workout

DAY1
FLAT BENCH PRESS
INCLINE BENCH PRES
DECLINE DUMBBELL PRESS
CHEST PRESS

DAY2
SQUAT
OVERHEAD PRESS
DUMBELL SHRUG

DAY3
BARBELL CURL
PREACHER CURL
MACHINE PULL DOWN FOR TRICEPS

PLease let me know if there is any problem with the workouts?please help me to grow mine biceps,growth has stopped,i do follow overload progress…

Posted: 20 June 2010 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1367
Joined  2008-07-28

Hi Sunny,

Welcome to Exercise Biology! Hope you will find the forum helpful.

Do you do the 3 day workout once in a week or do you do it 6 days/week? How many sets and reps do you do and is your body weight increasing?

Beginners usually see a growth spurt and then the progress is pretty gradual. I don’t see any exercises for your back in your workouts. When you hit back, you are hitting your biceps too and they do contribute to bicep growth. Your program needs to be a lot more balanced.

Signature 

Exercise Biology - The Science of Exercise & Nutrition

Posted: 20 June 2010 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-17
anoopbal - 20 June 2010 04:27 AM

Hi Sunny,

Welcome to Exercise Biology! Hope you will find the forum helpful.

Do you do the 3 day workout once in a week or do you do it 6 days/week? How many sets and reps do you do and is your body weight increasing?

Beginners usually see a growth spurt and then the progress is pretty gradual. I don’t see any exercises for your back in your workouts. When you hit back, you are hitting your biceps too and they do contribute to bicep growth. Your program needs to be a lot more balanced.

Anoop,i do 3 day workout per week,3 sets 6-10 rep,before joining the gym it was 71.5 now it is 76kgs,iam only 10 mths old in the gym,the reason iam not doing back workout is that i fully exhaust while doing barbell curl and preacher curl,i dont have strength while doing these exercise thats the reason back workouts are not included,actually want to concentrate on biceps,mine body develop a very good bodybuilder cuts and shape,i develop good shoulders and trap after two month of joining the gym,in the gym everyone like mine shoulders because only few has develop good shoulders,instructor says thats an god gift but Ur lacking one thing and thats is ur biceps,everyone says that if i develop god biceps and muscle size then u will look like real bodybuilder..

I do take creatine + dextrose + vitamin c and antoxyforte cap immediately after workout and one b complex cap and one vitamin c 500 mg,15 minutes before workout for energy…

Please let me know y mine biceps r not growing,i know its an small muscles takes time to grow…

Mine biceps grow from 12 to 13 in just 10 mths or so,actually i want to concentrate on biceps,below are the biceps workouts

BARBELL CURL
PREACHER CURL
TRICEPS PULL DOWN

Posted: 23 June 2010 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2010-02-17

Dude, if you want to have big biceps, you need to have a big back!!!

It’s really hard for your biceps to grow if you don’t train back -.-

Also, I think that is really to soon for you to start specializing on your arms..

btw, can you post some pics ?

Posted: 23 June 2010 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-17

Check these photos

Image Attachments
sssss (WinCE).jpgssssssssssssss (WinCE).jpg

Posted: 23 June 2010 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-17

But mine lower body is exceptional in whole gym,i gain 7 inch thigh in just 3 mths or so,i only do heavy squats, now the growth has stop,i dont know the reason y,iam 29 years of age,weigh 76kgs,i think mine body need protein thats the reason the growth has stopped…

Iam the only person who do heavy squat out of 416 members,i have great leg strength…

Posted: 29 June 2010 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1367
Joined  2008-07-28

Hi Sirdon,

You need to start doing some heavy back exercises, like rows and chin ups. Your workouts has some serious muscle balance issues.

Once you start training your back, your biceps will start growing too.

1. Add rows,chins, deadlifts or multijoint exercises for your back.
2. Hit your biceps on a second day too.
3. If your strength is climbing in your biceps exercises, your biceps will grow too.
4. Some do have small biceps. Genetics you know.

Hope it helps

Signature 

Exercise Biology - The Science of Exercise & Nutrition

Posted: 29 June 2010 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-17
anoopbal - 29 June 2010 07:25 AM

Hi Sirdon,

You need to start doing some heavy back exercises, like rows and chin ups. Your workouts has some serious muscle balance issues.

Once you start training your back, your biceps will start growing too.

1. Add rows,chins, deadlifts or multijoint exercises for your back.
2. Hit your biceps on a second day too.
3. If your strength is climbing in your biceps exercises, your biceps will grow too.
4. Some do have small biceps. Genetics you know.

Hope it helps

Anoop,

is this workout ok,i will add back workout also,but tell me where

MON
FLAT BENCH PRESS
INCLINE BENCH PRESS
DECLINE DUMBELL PRESS
CHEST PRESS

WED
SQUAT
OVERHEAD PRESS
DUMBELL SHRUG