2 of 2
Beginner workout plan
Posted: 11 May 2011 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1358
Joined  2008-07-28

If you are increasing reps, that shows you that are increasing muscle too.

And congrats on dropping 3% bodyfat!

Signature 

Exercise Biology - The Science of Exercise & Nutrition

Posted: 12 May 2011 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2011-03-27

Thanks.  The word steep doesn’t even begin to describe the learning curve.  Retraining the body and mind has been the hardest thing I have ever done.  I will have to periodically remind myself not to let all this hard work go to waste and stay the course.  Hopefully, a year from now I will be able to say I did it the right way.  Thank you for your support.

Posted: 31 May 2011 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-03-27

Hi Anoop,

I am back in Victoria and getting into the routine.  The last two weeks were very busy and I wasn’t able to keep on track I found that although I hadn’t lost any weight I hadn’t gained any either.  I wonder if this is due to improvement in metabolism from regular exercise.  Anyway, now I am at 145 lbs and the weight loss has slowed down.  I need to figure out what to change in order to lose the last 5 to 8 lbs and start thinking about maintenance strategy and how to approach it, trial and error or is there a tried and true format that works.  I am hesitant to lower the calories even though weight loss is calorie dependant.  Appreciate your thoughts on this.  Thanks.
Swapna

Posted: 01 June 2011 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2009-03-25
Swapna - 31 May 2011 10:14 PM

Anyway, now I am at 145 lbs and the weight loss has slowed down.  I need to figure out what to change in order to lose the last 5 to 8 lbs and start thinking about maintenance strategy and how to approach it, trial and error or is there a tried and true format that works.  I am hesitant to lower the calories even though weight loss is calorie dependant.  Appreciate your thoughts on this.  Thanks.
Swapna

I think that you might spend some time in this new “lean” state, before going feather to cut more calories. Let the body adapt to new position. And of cause while you getting leaner it’s harder to lean more

Posted: 03 June 2011 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1358
Joined  2008-07-28

Hi Swapna,

1. If you don’t wanna eat less, just do more cardio. Not sure if you tried some interval training.
2. If you have been dieting for 8-10 weeks, it is time take a week off and eat at maintenance calories.
3. Focus on weight training. When you have more muscle, it becomes easier to maintain. But you can only add some muscle if you not trying to lose weight. Maybe it’s time to go to a muscle building phase for a few weeks and then go run another diet cycle.

Signature 

Exercise Biology - The Science of Exercise & Nutrition

Posted: 06 June 2011 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-03-27

Thanks.  Am attempting to increase cardio component by riding bike to work(10 km).  Also three days/wk I do interval training on elliptical and add 10 min on treadmill at the end.  Twice a week strength training and twice week Bikram yoga.  Should know in a couple of week where i am with weight maintenance, body fat and muscle mass.

2 of 2

‹‹ Work out routines?      Help ››